TITLE Database Analyst
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Service Employees International Union-United Healthcare Workers West (SEIU-UHW) is one of the largest unions of hospital workers in the western United States, with more than 80,000 members.
Our members are frontline caregivers, including respiratory care practitioners, dietary, environmental services and nursing staff who keep Californians healthy.
We live and work throughout California: from the Bay Area to Sacramento and Los Angeles to the Central Valley.
Our union of healthcare workers is driven to improve the healthcare system. Our mission is to provide quality care for all patients, expand access to excellent, affordable healthcare for all Californians and improve living standards for all workers.
The majority of SEIU-UHW members work in the state’s largest private sector health systems’ hospitals and clinics, including Kaiser Permanente, Dignity Health, Sutter Health, Tenet, Prime and Daughters of Charity.
SEIU United Healthcare Workers-West (SEIU-UHW), a progressive and growing union, has 80,000 members in California. We are caregivers from every sector of the industry, united to win better care for our patients and better lives for our families and ourselves. For further information about UHW, please visit our website: www.seiu-uhw.org.
We are seeking an individual to join the Membership/Data Department of this dynamic and fast- moving organization. 2016 is a very exciting, demanding and challenging year for us; and we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running in providing support for the multiple relational databases SEIU-UHW uses. This position reports to the Data Group Assistant Director.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Create canned and custom reports in Salesforce
- Provide end user support
- Write SQL queries and create reports
- Design new data structures (e.g., tables, views, triggers)
- Provide light administration in Salesforce
- Match records from one source with records from a different source without a primary key (record linkage)
- Administer and design mobile web tools
Other Areas of Responsibility
- Provide some user support in Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, and major web browsers
- Act as backup for Database Administrators
- Ability to work long and varying hours, including weekends, nights and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
- BS in Information Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ database experience1+ year experience with managing role-based security systems
- 1+ year experience in SQL-Server writing queries, views, stored procedures, security permissions, and creating tables desired
- Experience with web templating or scripting solutions like Salesforce Visualforce, ASP, JSP, PHP or similar
- Advanced skills and experience in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with documentation for requirements, design, testing, and operations
- Experience with business intelligence concepts and tools desired
- Experience with Salesforce, specifically Apex and Visualforce desired
- Experience with mobile web frameworks and libraries desired, including jQuery, AngularJS, and Bootstrap desired
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as a team lead on projects
- Wide range of experience in different industries and environments is highly desirable
- Experience in union or other nonprofit environment particularly valuable
- Interest in and commitment to progressive social change
Qualified applicants must be able to balance multiple demands, be comfortable with aggressive timelines, and quickly change directions when priorities shift.
LOCATION Los Angeles
EOE STATEMENT SEIU-UHW is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability.
This position is currently accepting applications.