Myriad Genetics is currently seeking an Information Services Help Desk Technician to work in a team environment and assist with providing support to approximately 2000 employees on a variety of issues of which 600 +are field based. Hardware support environment includes desktops, laptops, Android/iOs Tablets, projectors, network printers, handheld scanners, IP phones as well as cell phones. The successful candidate will identify, research and resolve technical problems for those employees and equipment.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, computer peripherals and tablets
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups
- Configures, troubleshoots and supports users email accounts and provides basic support of common
- Microsoft Office & other Microsoft products,
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Requires an associate’s degree or its equivalent and/or 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and associated support concepts and best practices.
- Knowledge of Apple products helpful.
- Understanding of Networking concepts and practices as they apply to desktop and laptop support.
- Familiar with both iOs and Android Tablets to confidently provide support and troubleshoot.
- General knowledge of IP phone systems including, 66 block and making cross connections.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a corporate Desktop/Laptop support environment.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within particular IT field
- Able to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative team environment as well as work independently while following documented processes and procedures
- Desire to share knowledge amongst the team through documentation and cross-training
- Self-motivated and seeks out opportunities to contribute
- Strong organizational skills to manage a wide variety of projects and workloads
- Continuous improvement attitude and proactive mentality to anticipate and plan for future needs and opportunities
- High standard of customer service, quality, and attention to detail
- Ability to utilize a high degree of creativity, analytical thinking, and initiative to solve business problems
- Ability to excel in high pressure multitasking situations
- Strong oral and written English language skills including experience creating written documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with successfully managing systems through all phases of the system lifecycle
Knowledge of the Following is also very helpful:
Microsoft System Center
VMWare for Workstations
Corporate Management of Cell Phones, iPads/Tablets
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Repetitive motion, analyzing, comfortably lifting at least 50lbs.
Being able to sit for long periods of times as well as being able to walk daily between Myriad’s 5 buildings which also include stairs.
Think on your feet and handle fast paced (and at times high pressure) environment
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/qsztz4nrc5frp7z8