At Assurex the position of DBA, you will be a key member of a team building state of the art applications utilizing cutting edge science and technology. This position will manage the integrity, reliability and scalability of the databases for our multi-tiered business application, data warehouse, and ODS. Incumbents will be asked to leverage their skills in database design and configuration; quality, functionality and performance will be in high demand. The applicant must be very detail oriented. This person will report to the DevOps Manager.
• Work closely with the Product Development teams to develop schemas to maintain high performance, reliability, and scalability
• Work closely with the Enterprise Data Management team to scale out the Operational Data Store and data warehouse for reporting needs present and future
• Act as a subject matter expert to ensure upgrades synergize properly among data stores
• Aid the DevOps team in leveraging SQL technologies to provide maximum throughput and performance
• Work with the DevOps team to increase the efficiency and repeatability of automated deployments
• Perform regular reviews of our existing database servers and help prepare for future needs based on the data growth trends
• Periodically assess and tune database performance
• Hands on ETL development utilizing SSIS Catalog.
• Working experiences in design and modeling normalized and dimensional databases.
• Develop, manage and maintain data models, including physical and logical as necessary to meet new and changing business requirements.
• Design, implement and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) .
• Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or higher
• Query plan analysis and tuning
• SQL database performance monitoring
• Index optimization on SQL databases
• Database replication and mirroring technologies
• SQL Server Integration Services management and creation
• ETL development and best practices
• Implementation and usage knowledge of staging environments for transforming data
• Strong reporting data structure knowledge
• Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and schedules
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
• Ability to sense the importance or impact of issues and situations and take appropriate actions
• Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
• Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet corporate and departmental goals
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• SQL Server Data Tools
• Qlikview and/or Business Intelligence application experience
• Team Foundation Integration
• Automation of database deployment
• NoSQL or Document Database knowledge
• Data mart and Data Lake setup and implementation
• High availability deployments
• Disaster recovery procedures
At Assurex the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.